Friday 15 November 2013

Be Happy Card - Donna Salazar Designs

Hi lovelies!  I thought I'd have a go at creating a card to share with you today.  I've always said "I don't 'do' cards", but I can... it's more that most of my cards need to be wrapped and not posted because they end up so thick. 


This was such fun to create.  I used one of Donna's 6x6 Paper Pads for the papers here, to cut the flowers and created the layered background. They are the perfect size for cards.  For this one I used papers from the Fun and Funky range.  I love the cutout sheets, the little people are so cute! 


This range is lots of fun, it's got funky brights and patterns on one side, and more neutral tones of the reverse - making it very versatile. I've distressed the edges with my Distrezz-It-All, it's the only thing that gives those fabulously distressed edges!  As always, little denim offcuts go so well with Donna's papers, here I've cut a little tab from some Denim using Donna's Creative Page Tab Dies.  I frayed the edges and given it a little spritz of colour using Caramel Latte and Sea Breeze Smooch Spritz.


I've then created some handmade flowers!  The larger one uses layers of Fun & Funky papers as well as some Crafty Chronicle pages.  It was cut with the Rose Creations Die and I used my Wild Rose technique, but with a whole lot more layers!  All the little ones were cut using the Bitty Blossoms die - so cute!  I've used some sweet Denim coloured pearls in the centre of the Bitty Blossoms, and then scattered some across the card.


I also used some cute little laser cut corrugated swirls, these I gave a quick spray with Flat White Spray paint.  Then to finish it off I cut out a title and the 3 little people from the Fun and Funky 12x12 Paper Pad CutOut sheet... too easy!

Thanks for stopping by today!



 photo Signature250_zpsdd4c2565.png

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
 
 
DSD Products used:
 
GCD Studios - Fun and Funky 6x6 Paper Pad
GCD Studios - Fun and Funky 12x12 Cut Out Sheet
GCD Studios - Crafty Chronicle 2
 
Clearsnap Smooch Spritz - Caramel Latte, Sea Breeze
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx - Jasmine
 
Spellbinders Rose Creations Die
Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms Die
Spellbinders Creative Page Tabs Die
Want 2 Scrap ATC Denim
Want 2 Scrap Self Adhesive Pearls - Steel Blue
Want 2 Scrap Card Size Hand Drawn Swirls - Corrugated
Zutter Distrezz-It-All
Spellbinders Grand Calibur
 
 
 

 
 

1 comment: