Wednesday 29 May 2013

Deep in Thought - Donna Salazar Designs



Hi everyone!  Today I have a boy style layout to share with you.  Kel let me take some photos for once, so I was hanging to get a little grungy!  This one is my favourite... him contemplating life, or thinking of how he can get another $2 out of me for the grab machine LOL!



I love Donna's Sprockets Die set!  I've cut them out of matching papers and glued them onto the matching chipboard from Want 2 Scrap.  I inked them with the new Stormy Mix'd Media Inx and then blinged them up with some matching Bling, again from Want 2 Scrap.


The Shadow Flowers Die is a great all rounder, one of my favourites.  They always add a little bit of visual interest, softening elements on the page without being 'too much'.  I've also cut some branches from the Mix'd Media Elements Die set and tucked them in with the Shadow Flowers.  The edges were all inked with Stormy Mix'd Media Inx to add definition.


I've used lots of paper layers here, and raised the photo off the page with offcuts of the corrugated board under the matt.  To maintain the edge patterned of the papers, they were cut into odd quarters and wet, then scrunched up and unraveled.  Then they were glued with edges overlapping which I used as a feature, rolling the joins up to reveal the other paper underneath.  The rigidity of Donna's papers allows the water to soak in slowly and create wonderful 'worn' areas once they are flattened out again.  With the denim texture prints this makes it look like a pair of old well loved jeans!

 photo Signature250_zpsdd4c2565.png

Products used:

Patterned Papers
GCD Studios Family Jeans Houndstooth
GCD Studios Natural Beauty Free, Green Burlap, Blue Fence, Casual Elegance

Chipboard
Want 2 Scrap Nestaboard Sprightly Sprockets
GCD Studios Chipboard Alphabet Stickers, Fun and Funky

Colour
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx, Stormy

Dies
Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets
Spellbinders Shadow Flowers
Spellbinders Mix'd Media Elements
Spellbinders Creative Page Tabs

Bling
Want 2 Scrap Nestabling Sprightly Sprockets, Black

Other
Want 2 Scrap 8x10 Corrugated Board
Dymo Caption Maker



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome ........love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is just the best boy layout. the texture , the design the colors , the pic everything .. loveeeeeeeeeeeee it so much x

    ReplyDelete