Tuesday 8 January 2013

Happiness - Green Tara


Hi everyone... today I have a layout of myself and my hubby to share with you, a rare snap because usually one of us is the one behind the camera.  I have used some papers I found in my stash that were a lovely soft grey tone, and had intended on creating a monochromatic colour scheme, but I needed to add some colour and this olive green was just perfect. 


I coloured the tips of some white petals with Mossy Mix'd Media Inx, as well as the edges of my paper layers.  The white Cherry Blossoms were sprayed with watered down paint, to match the colour tones I created in the background papers.  They colour so beautifully, without falling apart.


I have used Silk Flowers with Swarovski Crystal Centres, Cherry Blossoms, 3cm Roses and a Primula to create this sweet cluster... the new Primula's are beautiful and just the perfect size!

Here I have accented the flower cluster with Resin Embellishments from Handmade Halo, I love tucking these in amongst my flowers!


I have trimmed up the heart Silver Diamante Trim to create little embellishments, they have a wonderful sparkle to them.  I've also added some Dew Drops just to add that little extra interest to the page - they compliment flower clusters perfectly!



Until next time, take care of you!

Mis xo


 Green Tara Products used:

Flowers:
Grey Black Primula - XF9325BG
White 2cm Silk Flowers with Swarovski Crystal Centres -  SDWhS60
White 3cm Silk Flowers with Swarovski Crystal Centres - SDWHL60
White Cherry Blossoms - FLC22Wh
Black 3cm Roses - FDR024BL
White 5.5cm Petals - PFLP12

Trims:
12mm Heart Silver Diamante Trim - RBY39
10mm Round Silver Diamante Trim - RBY28
White 2cm Bows - BowWh

Other Products used:

Patterned Paper:
Little Yellow Bicycle Swoon - Truly Smitten, Wedding March

Chipboard:
Dusty Attic Wrought Iron Design Set

Colour:
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx - Mossy
Dusty Attic Acrylic Paint - White, Pesto

Punches:
Martha Stewart - Scallop Doily, Swirling Lace

Other:
Handmade Halo Resin Flowers and Leaves
Handmade Halo Robin's Nest Dew Drops
Tim Holtz Tissue Tape
Glitz Transparency Frame
Prima Journal Card
Collections Transparency
Making Memories Transparency

5 comments:

  1. This is really, really gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistra this is a lovely page especially as you don't have too many photos together. I really like the softness of the colours and the hint of bling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just so so yummy and amazing photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, one of my New Years resolutions is taking the time to leave more notes for my blogging friends! I always read posts in a reader and it makes it hard to leave a comment or two. But I do not miss a post! Love seeing the things you share and your lovely home. I wish I had more time to blog, but I work part time at our local library. I wanted to share with you my new blog, just opened this week.... http://www.brookekroeger.blogspot.com.... it will be for my vingage and digital work... including printables you might enjoy. I also have my home and garden site, http://www.creativecountrymom.blogspot.com. This week I am doing a look back to my spring garden.

    Hope to be able to connect more in this new year. I am spending less time on Facebook and gave up twitter and everything else. A girl needs time to create, decorate and GARDEN ya know!

    God bless....Brooke
    creativecountrymom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work! You two look SO happy. I love the framing and the flowers and the colors. BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete