Sunday 3 April 2011

Challenged...

Michelle Grant decided to challenge me to do the TCR Palette #52, which I thought was great {especially since unbeknown to her I had all the colours I needed right in front of me by pure fluke}, my sneaky grin got wiped off my face when she also said I had to use Texture Paste or Clay, neither of which I had with me at the time!  Soooo... yesterday I picked up some white clay and borrowed a Krafty Lady Mould from the shop and played last night and created my first clay caste shape, a vintage keyplate.  I baked it and then went to bed and this morning got started on the layout.


Got to say, I'm a bit thrilled with everything... especially these GCD papers designed by Donna Salazar, so love them!!


On here I have some of my very favourite Dusty Attic pieces - the Skeleton Clock Face, Swirl Border, Mini Frames and a Key.  They've all been dabbed with warm white paint {I use Jo Sonya paint, it's just perfect} using just a baby wipe {better than a paint brush because you just throw it away afterwards} next I swiped some of my newest loves, Tim Holtz Distress Stains in Dusty Concorde and Spun Sugar, in a few spots and then sprayed with Pearl Glimmermist to blend the paint and ink stains, once dried I dabbed here and there with a little Hayride Glimmer Glam.  Back to the stains... OMG, how wonderful are these little dabber topped bottles of colour!  A little goes so so far and the colours are stunning... love love love them and I can't wait to see what else I can do with them!!

The clay, the FFS part of the challenge {LOL, because I thought I had got away with my devious secret} was such FUN!!  I kneaded it until it was pliable, pushed it into the mould, baked it for 15 minutes and whalla... gorgeous keyplate!!   I then simply dabbed it with some of the Hayride Glimmer Glam, dabbed with a little warm white paint so it wasn't too glossy and then added a little gold and silver rub'n'buff.  I love the look of it... moreso I loved the whole process of making it {thanks Michelle!}

I've had quite a free'ing learning weekend, I'll load up my layout I created using Anna Dabrowska Pekocka's gorgeous grungy style and inspired again by Michelle later on, I'm so so happy with it!!

Take care of you.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. REALLY REALLY lovely Mis....I love that paper range

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and stunning layout Mistra. Your key plate looks fantastic - sounds like a fun process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous!!!! Love everything and your key plate is stunning, sounds like you had so much fun too.

    ReplyDelete