Sunday 6 February 2011

February @ Red Earth Scrapping...

This month at Red Earth Scrapping we are focusing on journaling... one of those things many of us seem to have forgotten in our scrapping journey {ooooh yep, major culprit here}.  So I'm embracing it... baby steps at first though!

Helen sent me some of the fabulous Glitz Love Nest range to play with, along with journaling cards and notes... and so far I have created this one of Darren:


 Finally...


The chipboard here was inked, then dabbed with some warm white paint and while wet quickly sprayed with Chalkboard Glimmer Mist {Chalk}, it's my favourite technique at the moment, I love the soft effect it gives.  I layered a group of embies that were passable on a masculine page, old buttons, key plate, pebbles etc and then softened the cluster with some added muslin, which is repeated throughout the layout. 




and this one as my challenge for the month:

Memories 
 

Again, more clustered embies... even some flowers in here {Kel's a toddler here, and i can get away with them in my mind LOL}, more buttons and key plates... just little trinkets reminisce of yesteryear.

All the chipboard was inked and then sprayed with a lot of Chalk Chalkboard Glimmer Mist, then sprayed quickly with some Peacock Chalkboard Glimmer Mist.


The challenge was a simple one for me {I was particularly evil last one} and is to created a layout with journaling ON your photo.


 Take care of you.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Stunning layouts Mistra. Love your little vintage clusters. ...And the little verse on 'Finally'.

    ReplyDelete