Sunday 19 September 2010

Yayyy...

I did these a few weeks ago for a comp at Inspired Crafts... a fabulous comp {an ultimate prize up for grabs... sigh} there were some fabulous entries. So wonderful to see so much talent out there in Perth, and all different as well.. something for everyone.

Anyways, I didn't win {but my card that isn't up here yet got 2nd, pretty cool since I don't 'do' cards and you should have seen the workmanship in the winning card, stunning}... but that means I got to bring these home...

This pic was taken in our back yard on Aug, Friday 13th. I let Coco out for her morning business, walked inside and then not 10 minutes later this amazing thick fog descended, changing the whole landscape... I loved it and am so rapt the photograph shows it!


Naturally my FAVE Dusty Attic Bare Tree was used again... I know you guys might be sick of seeing it, but I'm not... I love it! Teamed it in with some other Dusty bits - one of the Scrolls and the ever too cute Mini Ornate Frame, some bling, some flowers... couple of butterflies... all my faves!


And this is my OTP entry... isn't that Bird House CUTE! I've had it for months... sitting there doing nothing, so at least the comp got me working on it, because I just know it would still be sitting there unloved if not for the push to create something.

And yes... I got IN the tree to photograph this... I thought it was a great idea, until my hair got all tangled up in the branches and Darren had to untangle me, telling me no no, it was fine my hair wasn't tangled... nooooo explain the twig hair nest look that greeted me in the mirror huh!?!

So... back to the grindstone tomorrow. I have had a lovely weekend though... lots of creating, chattering, we'll ignore this morning's migraine because overall it was a good weekend! We got our tax sorted, I'm almost caught up on all my DT commitments {just one more LO that I want to do for Red Earth and I'm up to date woohooo}, I have an idea well and truly brewed for a new class at Tomorrow's Memories {thanks Jo for co-incidentally having the perfect chippy frames there at the right time, got to love that}, I created a sweet as embellishment class for a special shop over east that I'll be visiting in October {hehehe, secret squirrels for now} and have started hunting and gathering all the bits I need for my Memory Book I'm helping the Home & Scrapped girls with at our Retreat next month... squeeeee, next month can't believe after over a year of planning it's almost time to get on the plane!!

So... yes, a good weekend... I'm tired & worn-out from too many late nights and busy days... but so blessed to have some lovely people in my life that help tire me out in the nicest possible way!

Take care of you.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Mistra, I love the teal colour you've used in these projects...just stunning! The birdhouse is very cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teal is such a fave colour of mine right now, I'm almost obsessed with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous projects, love the colours and all the little details

    ReplyDelete